Programme: Erasmus + 2016 KA205 – Exchange of best practice in the field of Youth.
Title of the project: Violence in Dating for Youth.
Acronym: VIDA YOUTH
Duration: 24 months from 1st September 2016 to 30th August 2018
Target group: Youngers between 13-18
Lead Partner: TENDER, IT
Background. Related violence in relationships and youth events has recently been recognized as a worrying social problem. Such violence in young assumes considerable importance for its consequences on physical and mental health but also because it happens at a stage in life when they start romantic relationships and inter-relational standards are absorbed and transferred to the adult stage.
Introduction. The main result of the use of violence can be considered the intellectual and emotional inability of young people to face relational problem situations. This inability, induced by low awareness and sensitivity, can be fought and turned into a relational skills through educational and training programs, can show young people that there is an alternative to violence and can be practiced.
Aims and Objectives. The general objective of the project is to prevent violence among young people due to the lack of awareness of the nature of romantic relationships. In particular, VIDA YOUTH pursues the following specific objectives:
- To exchange best practices in the field of prevention of youth violence between partners;
- To raise awareness on the issue of violence among young people in contact with the youth organizations, teachers, educators, students and young people in general;
- To increase awareness of the causes and consequences of violence, both physical and psychological as well as a transfer of advice, behaviours and tools to recognize, prevent or react to potentially dangerous situations for young people;
- Strengthening the non-formal education courses for schools.
Methodology. The project has three main phases divided into more specific activities:
- Preparation (September-December 2016). After the kick off meeting, where it will be prepared a detailed work plan, each partner will promote the project to the schools and institutions in contact with young people between the 13-18 years, selecting 30 students for each partner. In addition, each partner will prepare an educational module to be presented during the exchange of best practice event scheduled for February 2017 in Ancona, during which there will be a single document for the implementation of activities in schools.
- Implementation: each partner, held a few hours of classroom activities in order to transfer good practices regarding the prevention of violence to young students. The results will be evaluated through comparison of a questionnaire, which will be submitted to the early teens and at the end of the course. During the Second Consortium Meeting to be held in Prague (June 2017) Partners will discuss the results to make appropriate changes.
- Dissemination: the adapted document will be circulated through all possible channels to educational institutions, public administrations, youth organizations. The results will be discussed during the final meeting in Murcia (Spain) in the second half of June 2017 where he also held a final conference.
Expected results. The project activities will help to produce the following results:
- Creation of an international network of organizations working in the field of youth and the prevention of violence as well as to their professionalism in the field of non-formal education;
- Production of a document containing a non-formal training program for transferring skills to both teachers and students;
- Implementation of a training course for 250 students aimed at improving their awareness on the problem of violence to provide useful tools for the prevention and increase their sense of security.